writing skills development
- Gay and Lesbian Network, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
- Positive Vibes Trust Key Correspondents (citizen journalists), Southern Africa region (8 countries)
- Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Joint Oxfam HIV/AIDS Programme, South Africa (national)
- KwaZulu Regional Christian Council, Eshowe, KwaZulu-Natal
- Inanda Newtown Ntuzuma (INK) Area Based Management (ABM), Durban
- Black Sash, Durban
- Workers’ College, Durban
writing and documenting services
organisational histories and stories of change
- CHoiCe Trust, Connecting the Dots: research, writing, editing and publishing, Tzaneen, Limpopo
- Thohoyandou Victim Empowerment Project, No excuse for abuse: research, writing, editing and publishing of history, Thohoyandou, Limpopo
- Oxfam in South Africa, Oxfam's journey in South Africa.
- Sinani (Programme for the Survivors of Violence), Ripple Effects: 20-year history, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Triangle Project, Compiling stories from grandparents of LGBTI people, CapeTown, Western Cape
- Oxfam Australia in South Africa, Stories of Change, South Africa (national)
- Diakonia Sweden, Working from the heart: research, documentation, editing and publication of the organisation’s approach, South Africa (national)
- Save the Children, A vision made real: story gathering and publication of their crèche forum model, Wentworth, KwaZulu-Natal
- Oxfam Australia in South Africa, case study development: Redeveloping Disaster Risk Reduction, Building positive organisations and They made me brave: Reflections on women's leadership, South Africa (national)
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Group in BelaBela, case study development: A community making change, Limpopo
- Pietermaritzburg Agency for Christian Social Awareness
- Woza Moya, Special Annual Report: Writing, research and editing, Ixopo, KwaZulu-Natal
- KwaZulu Regional Christian Council, annual reports, Eshowe, KwaZulu-Natal
- Action Aid, Summarising and design of information briefs, South Africa
- DED (German development council), Materials development and facilitation of communications workshops for KwaZulu-Natal partners, South Africa
Plain language editing
- Media In Education Trust (MiET), this involved assisting with the editing of the National Curriculum Statements commissioned by the Department of Education.
- Postgraduate thesis editing into plain, accessible language.
- Positive Vibes Trust, various annual planning and reflection processes and thematic working groups.
- Biowatch South Africa
- Diakonia Council of Churches
- Agenda, feminist media project
- Gender AIDS Forum
- Fairshare, School of Government, University of the Western Cape: developed materials for and facilitated the gender and HIV Module of the Higher Certiﬁcate in Economic Development 2005 and 2006.
- British Council/Unicef Partnership Against Violence & Harassment Against Girls (Limpopo and Eastern Cape): This was a three province study around gender-based violence within schools. Communicating Simply was involved in the tender process and the consortium was awarded the tender bid for the Eastern Cape and Limpopo components of the Evaluation. Communicating Simply conducted the evaluations of both provinces on behalf of the consortium.